Okay guys..
It is very difficult for me to say this..
From after the camp, I am no more your Section Leader.
Effectively from 2nd September 2008, I have been suspended from all band activities.
As of such, i am no more your Section Leader.
In future if there ever was a need please seek out Sean Ou, he will be your new SL.
My heart is heavy to say this.
It was a fun and enriching experience to be your Section Leader.
All four of you have the few of the highest substance I've seen in the band.
I am not saying this just because you are from the same Section.
But honestly, the substance I see, don't let it leak out.
Use it.
Sherman, you have a drive that I wish I had. As the weeks go by I watch as you mature and grow out to your potential. But know this, what you are now is not even the least bit closest to your quarter mark. There is more, so much more in you. Work it out, you'll find the answers that you seek within you.
Zaki, you made my experience in band one of the most worth while. I'm proud to say that you are my junior. I wish I was half the man that you are. There never was a day in band that I do not look forward to section meeting, because I know that no matter how sapped you were from the practice, you always manage to put a smile on my face. For that, I thank you.
Secondary 2 players, I am glad to say that what i set out to do has already been done. I wished for you two to pass me in your levels of playing before I leave. And proud to say it, you two have done it. I wish you the best for your future endeavours. You've made me really proud to have been your Section Leader.
Thiya, take control over the steering of your life. If you don't like Chinese, talk it out with your parents. Taking a subject that you do not like is a waste of valuable time. The band is as good as its weakest player. This applies to a Section to. You may be the weakest amongst us, but I know you can carry your own weight when given time. You have an uncanny talent. It's as if your body was just made for the Euphonium. But you need constant reminders. Every time I remind you about your basics, you improve by 10%. You know what to do, trust yourself. Don't double guess your ability.
Cheng Yu, you're the most passive of the Section. Speak up, live loud. I've seen you progress from Day 1 to now. You've reached a level of playing which I deemed of as impossible for Sec 1, considering the fact that you had very little guidance on my part. I'm very sorry for that. You've proven to me that nothing is impossible. Extend your reach, live out your potential. There are more great stories yet to be written.
Secondary 1 players, you've attained a level of playing that was beyond my grasp two years ago, and you guys did all that without my supervision. I'm sorry but I am proud. Without my supervision, you've risen and I know I owe the thanks to the Sec 2s. If the synergy between you guys are this good now, the wonders it'll produce in the future is endless.
To the juniors whom I adore and respect, I'm proud of all of you, the achievements you've attained and the miracles you can do, it is all in your hands now. How ever you would put it, it is difficult for me to leave but my presence have not benefited you guys in the past the change should no matter. I've trained you guys to prepare for the leaving of your seniors. Remember what I've thought you, about band and about life.
Live life to the fullest, live loud, stand proud!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment